8.22.2011

worlds,

So apparently I also write, much thanks to an awesome creative writing class that I had the opportunity in taking over the summer. Something small for you to spare a minute to.

......

the nights that i cannot sleep, i spend thinking homes that i’ve never lived in, places i’ve never been to, and lovers that i forgot to love deeply.

i can sometimes feel the warm breeze from these worlds, throwing back my hair into gentle knots. and the faint smell of cut bread waiting on someone’s dining table - it’s mild sweetness knocking me to my knees.

no, this isn’t desire at all. it is something that comes naturally, without control, stripped of all reasons, of all expectations.

during these times, i let things unfold as they are supposed to. these are times at their purest.


-j

No comments:

Post a Comment